Old 10-23-17, 05:36 PM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 121 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Easyrider1
BobG thanks for the attachments, I think the torque collar may have been installed incorrectly. The notch on my handcyle is at 90 deg, but the chain angle is approx. 40 deg to the horizontal, therefore the diagram suggests the notch should be at around 50 deg not 90? Would this make a big difference?
ER- That could well be the source of your problem. BionX says that the notch should be no more than 10 degrees (+ or - 5) away from 90 degrees of the chain. Hopefully one of the standard collars at my link above will make the correction.

That template to measure dropout angle is fussy to use. I initially got the wrong size and had to swap it out for another. It's no big deal to swap collars. It just drops over the axle without tools. a notch engages into the hub and the outside engages your dropout at the proper angle. There is another press on collar (V1) that will go at any custom angle but I'm not sure that's intended to be used with the D-500. You'd have to ask BionX.

It bothers me that BionX would ask a customer to go to the web to ask about one of their products!