Old 11-12-17, 11:19 PM
MadNachos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Favorite? Man....tough question. We made a lot of prototype frames that never went into production that were fun even if they were not great, like a Titanium RTS and LTS, just not as good as aluminum since it lost it's weight advantage once they got as stuff as 6061. But my two faves were the initial aluminum trials bikes we made years after Hans started riding for us, the 4130 versions were nice but just an improved version of a Monty. The other awesome frame was when we made a very limited run of Zaskar frames that were made from some crazy Easton tubing that was butted on crazy ways so it was paper thin in spots. We wanted to sell them as 'race only' with the warranty of '1 race season' and they were to only be sold to NORBA racers. But lawyers stopped it. So we sold most of them to a distributor in Mexico with the understanding that if we ever saw one on this side of the border that it would be a problem for them.

Ohh...the unofficial LTS tandem that a couple QC guys made for the hell of it was awesome.

Most awesome thing? Never paying for a bike that is nobody else can own for at least a year. If ever. Freaked people out to show up on a trail with some funky test version of a bike that may never be available but at a glance looks like what they are riding.

And I am not a huge fan of nachos... but that is a different story....

Originally Posted by Piff
What is your favorite GT frame? Wonderful post btw, I love hearing about the behind the scenes history for bike companies like this.

Edit: more importantly, do you have a favorite nachos style?