Old 11-13-17, 09:04 AM
roo777

Bikes: 2014 Specialized S-Works Venge Cavendish. Charge Plug 2.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
Let's face it . . . SRAM has never done very well with front derailleurs.

Some say that 1x for the road was a sign that SRAM gave up on getting a front derailleur right. Be that as it may, I've owned 2x and 1x SRAM setups. 1x is better.

The plastic nut crankset preload thing is cheap, sad and chintzy. The wave washer thing? C'mon! SRAM should license somebody else's crankset preload system. PAY them $1 per crank. It would be worth it to make SRAM cranks better. It seems that ALL of SRAM's issues come down to workarounds to keep from infringing on somebody else's patent. STOP IT! There's nothing wrong with licensing something if it means your product will work better.

I ended up trashing the Sram Red BB30 crankset altogether a few weeks ago. I had taken the bike to a different bike shop to address creaking (I know, shocking on BB30! lol). The LBS fixed the creaking sound, but they messed up the crank again. I could actually move the crank laterally with my hand!

Now installed on my bike is a silky smooth Ultegra 8000 crank with Specialized BB30 adapters. It's working great. I'm done with BB30 cranks for good!