mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
so tell me ...

with the above mentioned, can I see what my climbing speed for the route or segment is? .... Can I check my times for the day (or week or month or year or my age group) with others who have ridden the same route (on the same day ) as me?

with the other mentioned apps, can I download info onto my Garmin Edge 1000 so as to give me a virtual partner? (google that if you don't know what it does)

with the other apps that you suggest, will it show me my times vs the majority of other riders on the same routes and on the same day etc? ....

not here where I live .... everyone that I know who is serious about cycling uses Strava

so bottom line .... if you are a serious cyclist .... get Strava (Heck.... it only costs a few dollars a month) .... link it to Stravastix (costs nothing) .... and you have all the info that you need if you have a cadence sensor, heartstrap monitor and powermeter .... even if you don't have all the sensors, nothing comes close to Strava
So TXC says that all Strava has going for it is the social aspect. Then you try to prove him wrong by giving a bunch of examples of..... the social aspect?

I couldn't care less about the social stuff. I couldn't care less about KOM's. I'm on a hybrid that weighs about 45 lb. or so in my rideable shape (aka, carrying a LOT of water in my always mounted panniers.) The metrics I care about where I ride, how far I ride, and how much I climb. I use RWGPS and download all the gpx files and load them into Google Earth. Wish I could do that over the net somewhere but on Google I can only add 8 files I think.

I started running Strava simultaneously when I learned of Relive. I only run it for that purpose. One thing that I would like but not paying only for this feature is the heatmap. That would take care of my wanting to map all my riding on a single map.