Old 12-28-17, 05:44 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6286 Post(s)
Liked 4,329 Times in 2,425 Posts
Originally Posted by PastorJim
I have been cycling for 6 years now (14,680 miles total) averaging over 2400 per year.
I have had to accidents with injury. This recent on took 4 months to get back on Trek.

Have you been in an cycling accident with injury?

After your crash/injury how long until you were cycling again?

Any changes in cycling since your accident?

It really amazes me the amount of injuries (scrapes/fall over don't count) cyclist have and still we get back on the bike again!

Thanks!
I got hit by a car in 1981 that required surgery to repair a severely lacerated knee. I purchased a replacement bike by about the 4th week while still on crutches. I was back to riding by the 6th week after the brace came off.

I stress fractured an old broken ankle in the mid90s that required surgery to remove the pins and plates. It happened at Thanksgiving, the surgery was about a week later and I still managed to get a ride in on December 31.

I'd much rather ride a bike than do PT.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!