Old 02-13-18, 06:40 PM
whitemax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Can someone tell me what I need to connect to Zwift?

I am about frustrated trying to get an answer. What I have....an iMac computer downstairs with router. I am able to watch Youtube on my smart tv upstairs in the garage. I am able to see Youtube because the tv has that app loaded onto it like most tv these days. Currently have a Cyclops Fluid 2 trainer but about to get a Magnus, Snap, or Elite Direto once I do a little more research and figure out which one I want. I have an Apple iPhone. If I understand correctly, I need to download the zwift app to my phone but my question is, how do I get the signal from the phone to the tv given the zwift app is not already in the tv ??? I have not been able to find an LBS yet that can tell me what I need to do to connect with Zwift or some other app. I even called Cyclops and they told me I should call Best Buy that it's a tv question. Ugggg I did call Best Buy and they said I needed to have an Apple TV box to get the signal from the phone to the TV. Hard to believe that I would have to spend an additional $150 to get things going so I am thinking I don't have to have that but please tell me if I am wrong.

I have watched countless Youtube videos and none address the question of how to get the signal from the phone to the tv....everything but. I have looked all over the Zwift website and cannot find the answer. Hard to believe that these trainer companies and zwift have not made this crystal clear to folks like me that aren't tech savvy....seems like they'd do a much better business if they made this clearer to those considering making the jump to a smart trainer.

Please, I'm open to suggestions and thanks for reading.