Old 02-27-18, 01:25 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bp2k8
easy... tell amtrak to stop being greedy and open their trains/tracks for a more public domain and proper usage or a similar setup to a flat fee of 5-10$. Trains are a very efficient form of transportation even older ones that are not as clean energy using like coal etc. Trains come every 45 mins or so and even faster for light rail style that do not use fuel. Between trains, and buses, and bikes I do not see any reason for a car. If for some reason a car is needed I think an app like uber could be used but it would organize a carpool for a specific purpose (and there are already apps like this) and also there would be a limitation so a person would have 3 of these passes to use a week. Something like that. 50% OF driving in my opinion is out of leisure and boredom and if that is the case just get a bike lol

Point is - it is very possible but does require some lessening of greed.

There are already cities doing quite well and its just a matter of stopping the car usage. NYC could easily be car-free but I think it takes more so legislation than convincing people
Good ideas for cutting back on car usage. Countries in the EU have committed to carfree cities by 2050. At this time it looks like the US will be a few years behind them.

"Think Outside the Cage"