Old 03-02-18, 08:20 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,048 Times in 1,883 Posts
Originally Posted by LouB
Can you tell me more about that, T-Mar?
Colonia was a two tone scheme consisting of a brighter base colour covered with darker, irregular shapes. It appears to have been a generic finish developed by Tommasini and not one associated with a pro team. Some people call this finish "marble', as the irregular shapes somewhat resemble the crystals found in marble. However, it is different from the official Tommasini Marble finish, which uses darker coloured veins to replicate marble.

Like their Marble finish, each Colonia finish is unique, with no two bicycles having the same pattern. I don't know exactly when Colonia was introduced but it followed Marble which was introduced in 1987 on the SLX version of the Super Prestige. My earliest confirmed use of Colonia are red and blue versions on the 1990 Diamante, however it may have existed earlier. Colonia trickled down to the Super Prestige in 1991.

The above information is based on American models. Introduction years and available colour schemes may have varied somewhat by market, depending on local preference.