View Single Post
Old 03-12-18, 08:46 AM
sicknsore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spj
For many years (since 1996) I have just used a cut down plastic mudguard attached to the rear with a small L-bracket. Same on the front. Fantastic, and total cost about $5. You can use one sold for MTBs or a child's bike.
where do you attached that L bracket? any pic of your bike with the mudguard installed?

Originally Posted by ttakata73
I have a modified Topeak iglow which is designed for road bikes. I zip tied wide plastic panels to fit my 4" fatbike but you can get the idea if this angle works. The clamp is designed for smaller posts and I think it might be too narrow to block 1.9" heavy spray, but you could always add material like I did. Thin Kojaks probably wouldn't be a problem. This is as close as I could get it to the tire. Otherwise just buy an mtb fender and cut it to size. FYI, small tires won't reach an indoor trainer's roller; I was just using it to adjust my saddle.
thanks for sharing photos, those are the kind that i've been eyeing. seatpost mounted with adjustable arm. need a bit of cutting works but so far it's the most ideal option i guess.