Old 03-15-18, 10:51 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
the cover photo on that video looks familiar.

i rode up 74, down to lake elsinore, up and around elsinore peak (i think) and across some FS roads/broken pavement/remote stuff... then back down 74. I was Ok with it, but traffic on 74 was pretty heavy at times -- even when I was going pretty fast downhill on twisty roads some cars were... impatient.

was ~ 100 miles. 90+ degrees. Definitely had less supplies than I'd like but that's OK.

https://www.strava.com/activities/931180780

*I* was fine with it--thought it was a great solo ride, and the remote terrain was cool (little unnerving as I had a need to get back by a specific time and once on the FS roads it wasn't super clear that I was heading the right way).

other people i spoke with thought it was insane to ride 74. *shrug* that part probably should have a caveat so people know what they're getting into.

once again--thank you for the suggestion!
That is off 74. Your ride was epic, but more trafficked. Next time this route. As I recall you wanted to start and end on the bike, so you did it the harder way. Unfortunately, SoCal rides often require driving to the start. I'm sure similar to other urban areas.

Last edited by Doge; 03-16-18 at 07:13 AM.