Old 03-21-18, 11:38 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs

Cliff Notes: Any developers smart enough to understand the code are either already on the project or are working on other, equally intricate projects. The 33-year-old guy in his mom's basement eating skittles and chips isn't going to save any world except the one in the video game he plays.

EDIT: if a poster who has always come across and level-headed and grounded in reality, and who Works on AV braking systems, and is the closest thing to an "expert" (as opposed to "self-proclaimed expert") the site has to offer, has a particular view on a topic ... i'd give a little more credence to his input than to anyone who has an obvious agenda or is just throwing around convenient catch-phrases.

I know the trend the last several years has been "Don't trust anyone smarter than you" but that is a stupid idea held only by stupid people. When people who write code or work on AV tech weigh in, i might pay attention.
Sorry, but your comments come off as more than a little bit callow. Do you think 33 year old people are "old"? Do you think living with your parents at that age is some sort of stigma? (btw, I didn't and don't, but you can go to Italy sometime and meet plenty of guys that do who will run circles around you in more ways than one)

That particular comment aside, it's pretty clear that you are too eager to believe. Too gullible. I actually agree that there is a trend in modern society to distrust or dislike anyone perceived as smarter, but that isn't the case here at all.

Nobody is saying they understand the code better than the people involved, or the poster in here that works with this stuff in some roundabout way. That's not the claim at all. They are simply saying that publicly sharing some of the code/data that was being used during the few seconds prior to and during impact, would be useful. And you don't think there is anybody out there in the general public that could look at the code and understand what was going on?

(Also, as an aside, people, and especially young people, seem to think developers and programmers are some sort of elite, special category of workers. That they are generally of superior intelligence. This is, of course, nonsense. Anyone who has worked with them can tell you they are just the same as people who use numerous other job titles.)