Old 04-17-18, 02:21 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Strained my peroneus last night. Breaking up a fight. I think I'll be okay and we'll see tonight if it affects my riding.

We leave our backdoor open for the dog to use the bathroom. Around 1 am she started barking (which is rare), so I go out to see what's wrong. She's by her food bowl squared off with two raccoons. She's about 45 lbs and the bigger raccoon is about the same size. She looks at me for a moment and goes

Getting one by the neck and whipping it around. The second one takes off and lunges towards me as I was in the way of her escape route. I sidestepped while looking for something to break up the fight. The other racoon tries to go up a wall but the dog then grabs it by the rear and pulls it down. At that point the raccoon has claws flying but our dog is evading the bites. Eventually, the raccoon realized it was done and took off, and I held back my dog with a stick.

Dog looks pretty good right now, a few scratches on her face and one in her armpit but luckily no evidence of bites. She has her shots.

Last edited by furiousferret; 04-17-18 at 03:05 PM.