View Single Post
Old 04-24-18, 06:31 PM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Bikes: Hillbrick, Malvern Star Oppy S2, Europa (R.I.P.)

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
Go to their support page and look for the Instructions link. Everything you need to know is located there. Unfortunately, they don’t have a PDF file you can download but you can bookmark the page.
I actually don't find that page a lot of use. For example, what do the results of a ride, as shown on the unit itself, actually mean? Indeed, where is the information I asked for in this thread (still can't find it)? Most are fairly obvious, but the climbing ones are not, especially as they appear dodgy at times (eg, in a one hour ride, riding a loop, I start and end and very different heights). Similarly, nearly all my navigation stuff (eg uploading routes), I've discovered by accident. Its connection with the phone is variable, but I've finally worked out a routine that works everytime - after the first week, I was back at the shop I bought it from trying to get it to connect reliably, and they couldn't sort it either... until I stumbled over the system that works, which should have been explained with the product. Indeed, all the 'help' is orientated towards the roadie using it for 'training' - that might be a common customer, but it's not the only one.

Yes, once you know how to drive this thing, it's reliable and a very nice product. It should not be so hard to get to know and to use. I like it and hate it in equal measure, which is why I will not recommend it, but am quite happy to sit with someone and discuss the pros and cons. I think most who buy it and fight their way through the early days will stay with it, but I also know of people who've sent them back in disgust.

Anyway, that's my whinge for the day. Thanks for your help.