Thread: Rowan
View Single Post
Old 07-07-18, 05:46 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 509 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
Hello to everyone who has read and/or contributed to this thread. Mostly, of course, my absolutely wondering wife, known on here as Machka, but really known as Charlene. She has attended every single of my hospitalisation days, and has what seems to me so many incredible real stories of how I surprised.in hospital.

Because the brain hurt and other body parts I injured, I cannot recall any aspect of happened other than I was working in a cherry orchard aboard piece of mobile equipment.. I was saved from almost dying by David, a relatively new guy working for us calling an emergency helicopter to transfer me from the Bruny Island farm to the Royal Hobart Hospital. He is the main reason I stayed alive, then followed the helicopter, and the hugely impressive medical staff at the hospital.

I spent 3 1/2 weeks in what was a critical condition. I cannot write about it because i know almost nothing about it except what my gorgeous wife has told me or written here.

In the end, I was held in hospital, either the main Royal Hobart Hospital or the recovered one known a the Peacock Hospital for three months and a week. I will likely stay in the home situation for between three more and six months with regular chips each for further treatments.. One of the major issures remains my brain injury .

It isn't hugely life threatening now, but enough to affect my remembering a lot of things, and I have to be very careful how I move, including walking, which has limitation because of injury to the left leg. I am doing fairly often exercise. My driver's licence has been handed in for three month because of some hopefully fixable eyesight issues. My advice medically also is that I not attempt cycling because of that. We do have bikes that can set up for indoor practice, but I haven't progressed joining my wife in that so far. Another two or three weeks might see that change.

I have an incredible goodwilll in this and other threads on Bike Forums. They have been inspirational for me, including some posters who portrayed some similar injuries. Thank you to everyone.

And irrespective of that, my greatest thanks and love goes to Machka/Charlene who has been the reason and inspirational why I am still alive.
Just a simple back !!!