Old 07-07-18, 06:32 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked 1,689 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I carry it on my belt... In a ROOTS "holster"...Works totally fantastic, never dropped, never gets wet, neve damaged in any way, always reachable and never in the way...
I also carry it on my belt, but in a padded pouch.. It's an older version of this. It has a flip top with velcro AND a plastic quick-snap buckle, AND and internal drawstring, so it's fairly watertight, and yet, I can run an earbud cable to listen to spoken-word podcasts (one ear-cubside). This also allows be to answer phone calls by clicking the mic-button on the headphone.

I found it at a thrift store for $1.99 last spring and so far, so good!

Before this I had another holster with a velcro top flap.

I guess this only really works if you wear a belt. I wear black golf shorts/coaches shorts with a belt. I have been doing this for decades although it wasn't something I saw others doing. However, just two weeks ago I went to the bike shop and saw a whole rack of black quick-dry shorts like mine with belt-loops and pockets.

I guess it's a thing now.

Mine were only $25 bucks at Kohls.