View Single Post
Old 07-16-18, 07:50 AM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 819 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by martianone
Luddite perspective...... Why bugger up a bike with electronic gizmos?
With a smartphone, no gizmos reqd. Start the app, put the phone in your pocket, ride on, that being said, I love my Garmin. I get strange looks with it mounted on my old Raleigh or Legnano, but it works for me. Dont like gizmos? Don't use them.

The only phone app I use is Relive. It is a free app that produces an overhead 3D video of your ride along with elevation data, top speed, average speed, even heart rate. You can also add photos on the fly, though I've had trouble getting them to display at the point where I take them. You have to pause the app, take the picture, resume the app, continue riding. Too much of a dance to deal with, but the basic app works great. Check it out. My phone is an Android Galaxy S5. It will also take the data from your Garmin, if you want to clutter your bike with electronic gizmos, like do.
Heres a link to a recent ride, if I pasted it right, I am kind of a luddite, I always have trouble with the "Paste URL" on the forum.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g22292128388

Last edited by Slightspeed; 07-16-18 at 08:10 AM.