View Single Post
Old 08-06-18, 08:36 PM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 284 Posts
Originally Posted by obuckler
This site never ceases to amaze me!!!!
John, No sooner do I find an orphaned Suntour VGT Luxe last week in my son's shed while looking for shop towels that happens to be missing a mounting bolt than I come to this site snooping around and thinking about posting a ISO for it and voila--I find your just posted ISO for your bolt (hope you find it) and your cache of other bolts. How anyone acquires so many is probably a good story too I bet. If one of your spares will fit I will work something out with you!

I also have another VGT Luxe on a bike so I checked that bolt and took some measurements, so here are photos showing overall length, shoulder length, and diameter. Rounded they would be 22mm length, 10mm shoulder, and 11mm diameter. The bolt I measured was black, from my 76 Raleigh Super Course, hoping to find a chromed bolt.
If you happen to have three thin washers and a mounting bolt that would help?

Thanks a lot for looking, we will see what turns up. Ozzie in Dallas
Yup. Here you go: bolt, two washers, and a nut. PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.
-J