View Single Post
Old 08-12-18, 09:22 AM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
26.8 is a somewhat common size for a seatpost...both Nitto and Thompson offer posts in that size; I'm sure other companies do too but I ain't checking. The good thing with Riv's offerings that utilize the 26.8 size, you generally get a seatpost with a frame purchase. One came with my Appaloosa and my Sam.

A set of Paul Racer brakes on a new Homer would be pretty killer and way less expensive than a custom USA build. There is a picture of a Homer with centerpull boss'ed fork on this blahg post. https://www.rivbike.com/blogs/peekin...marks-beausage Maybe it would be the easiest to get bosses added to just the fork of a Taiwan Homer and get it repainted. Eh, probably too much of a hassle.

I guess I'm not that tuned into if bikes ride lively or heavy as I really thought my Sam and my friend's Homer rode very similar to each other. Although, I could really tell a difference between an Atlantis and a Surly LHT where the Atlantis was the more lively bike. Oh well, I think I just get used to whatever bike I'm riding and stop thinking about it. lol

I'm personally waiting for the Riv mtb Grant has been talking about to come out and then I'm buying it...and I would love to have a Legolas. If I found one for sale in my size I'm buying it on the spot.

The one cool thing about Rivs is that they are versatile bikes, so if you have just one you can probably make it do anything you want by switching tires and bars, lol.