Old 08-13-18, 04:35 PM
NJgreyhead

Bikes: Frequently

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 131 Posts
I love this 'description' of an 88 Schwinn Prelude. There's a whole world of curmudgeonly philosophy here.

This is a time capsule . This is the top notch bike of it's day. This bike was barely used and I purchased it from the origional owner recently to save it from the scrap yard! It has Rigilo rims with Maillard sealed hubs, the origional Schwinn Circuit 700x25 mm tires, Suntour Accushift index shifters, it's a 12 speed, Sakae Custom Road Champion bars and Sakae SX crank with MKS AR-2 pedals with Christophe toe holds, and dia comp brakes with Shimano SLR 105 brake levers. It's a Tenax Columbus frame . The seat tube measures just over 24" ( sorry if my terminology is a little off, I restore classic cars , not bicycles). The bike was always kept indoors and it was well maintained . The owner only rode it a few times and lost interest so he put it in the basement with other collectables until my buddy stumbled upon it and we purchased it. It will need a rear tube and the grip lacing is a little loose on the left side of the bars. Other than that and a good cleaning, the bike needs nothing but a rider. Asking $600. I will take serious offers u der $600 into consideration. Anyone that knows bikes will know this was one of the best of it's time and it has held it's value well . I did research the bike so even though I do not know bikes and the market off the top of my head, I can read at well above a high School level and I am a fairly intelligent person. So offering $100 bucks for the bike will have you transferred to the dial tone department or the text message trash bin on my phone . I just want someone who is going to appreciate the bike for what it is to purchase it and ride it like it was built to do or put it in a glass case and stare at it all day. That's up to the buyer , but at least it will not be in a scrap pile . There are alot of hobbies that have gone to the way side with the dawn of all the new technology in the world and in order to preserve the history of our hobbies, we need to preserve these relics and educate the future generations to come. In other words, put the phone down and learn something . Take a bike ride. Restore something to the best of your ability. Or drive that rusty old buick. Whatever the case may be , this is one that I saved and hopefully someone will appreciate that. Call me show contact info
George our shop is located by the Tacony bridge in Philadelphia

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...670088005.html