View Single Post
Old 08-29-18, 01:02 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Liked 243 Times in 191 Posts
I didn't know bees could ride a recumbent bike!

In any case, think of this as an epic journey to find just the right bike. It may never end as our needs change with time. The Bachetta has an MSRP of $2,100 so it is a significant investment. You may be able to find a used one at a fair savings. For example, there is a small frame (2015) one on the Harrisburg, PA CL for $1300 and a medium frame in TN for $950. It is something worth keeping an eye out for. I took the chance for an online purchase of on a used bike and a used trike after having ridden the same model locally. One was from the classified section of bentrideronline and the other from a recumbent shop that was all the way on the east coast, too far to go to for a test ride. I don't regret either purchase but can't say the same for one I bought right here in Sin City. I thought I knew what I wanted as a newbie but didn't.

You might be a bit more specific on your location and go to BentRider Online Forums - Powered by vBulletin and ask if anyone close to you will give you a test ride on their recumbent. Maybe the one you have chosen is the right one for you but there are lots of choices that might be even better. Only a long test ride will tell.