View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 08:47 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
one time i got hit by a car warming up for a race ... I was rolling to a stop sign, put my left arm out to signal I was going left and my hand landed on the windshield as the passenger side mirror hit my hip and knocked me off the bike. It opened up a recently closed wound on my arm, which the EMTs put gauze over like I was a mummy.

As the EMTs were finishing patching me up my field rolled out of the parking lot we were staged in. I caught on to the field.

This race (the Poolesville RR in MD for those local to the mid atlantic) has a gravel road in it. It was a very low rainfall year, which made the gravel road dry, dusty, and potholes very hard and unforgiving. As we raced along the gravel, water bottles were being ejected left and right and I hit one with my front wheel. My handlebars rotated forward, hard, and pulled my brake cables tight, which locked up both front and rear brakes. As I thought i was going to crash and be run over by myriad racers behind me, I skidded into the woods to the side of the gravel road and somehow stayed upright.

point being, stuff happens, put it behind you and move on to the next one.