View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 09:33 AM
DaveLeeNC

Bikes: 2020 Trek Emonda SL6, 90's Vintage EL-OS Steel Bianchi with 2014 Campy Chorus Upgrade

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
I mean, there's no way to stop the glands there from producing sweat. The only ideas I can offer are better ventilated sunglasses so you have more airflow over that part of your face, or maybe a small hand towel in a back pocket that you can use to dab your face every few minutes. If your back is soaked with sweat you may need a plastic baggy. I usually wear thin long finger gloves when it's really hot so my hands don't slide all over my hoods and bars, those tend to be better for wiping away eye sweat.
That's "beginner stuff"

I cut cotton washclothes into four small squares. On a typical summer ride I would carry six of those plus two regular washclothes kind of as a back up. Apparently my back doesn't sweat much so putting these into my cycling jersey rear pockets is OK. On a typical summer ride I would probably go through six of those small squares. When one gets soaked through (15 to 25 minutes) I just stuff it inside the front of my jersey (which is typically unzipped).

I find the small size of the little squares much easier to handle as I have to have one of them in my hands pretty much all the time.

dave