View Single Post
Old 09-26-18, 04:12 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Almost two seasons and over 4000 miles in on my Domane SL6 and loving it. Give it some more miles and see if your butt just gets used to it definitely makes the most sense.

My bike came with a discounted fitting session, using the Retul system. I had always tilted my bike seats down and the recommendation for me was to go level, along with moving my cleats back in my shoes and raising the seat more than .5 inches - all changes in what I thought had been working fine for the previous 40 years or so (no chafing problems.) Those changes made immediate noticeable improvements, though I at first thought it was psychological... But, I changed the seat angle and height on my previous bike (Trek 520) and it felt better there, too -

Seat tilting: that seemed to work for me early on in my biking career but over the years I have moved to more narrow seats, with less padding and more cutouts. Compared to when I first did the tilting, there is less material in the nose of the saddle to press on anything sensitive and the tilting definitely puts more pressure on my arms and changes leg angles a tiny bit. With the more narrow saddles I use now, I don't think tilting has any advantage.

So, I'm now a believer in professional fitting.