View Single Post
Old 10-15-18, 01:36 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAP7IVE
I commute to work exclusively on my bike. On rainy days, I place my bike under the eaves of one of my work's outbuildings. Today after locking my bike to an exposed pipe from the building, I came back to find it moved, with the Ottolock open and lying across the saddle, but apparently undamaged (seems to work fine now). No note, no contact from any of the 200 or so employees at the school who could have moved it.

There are two possibilities I can see: one, I forgot to mix up the combination after I locked it up today, and anyone could have just unzipped the lock; two, someone was able to crack my lock and move the bike without leaving any apparent damage to the lock. I will change the combination now and be more careful in the future, but does anyone know of a way to crack an Otto Lock without leaving apparent damage?

Unless you become convinced that you did something to make the lock not be locked, I would be getting a different type of lock altogether.