Old 10-31-18, 09:21 AM
steppinthrax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crazy Pedestrian this morning

I commute to work daily.

It was around 6ish this morning. I primarily ride on the rode if possible, but I'm forced to enter the sidewalk to bypass several road barricades that I come across. During these hours in the city in this area it's pretty quiet.

Anyway I was heading down the road and was approaching a vehicle barricade. I veered my bike to the right to jump on the sidewalk. There's a break in the sidewalk where wheelchairs and "wheeled" vehicles can transition onto. Whenever I'm coming behind people I always ring my bell several times. Usually It gets their attention and they either look up from their phone or shift their body with confirmation that they are aware of a cycle presence. There was one lonely woman walking down this wide ass sidewalk and she went ballistic when I jumped on the curb. I had my headphones in so I didn't hear what she said, but she went off as I passed her. I'm assuming she just freaked out at the sudden "bang and pop" as I transition from the road to the curb.

Unfortunately just a few yards after passing her I came to a pedestrian cross sign, she did as well. This is one of those long ass signs that I'm always forced to stay.

Just a little more background, In my city I'm legally allowed to ride on the sidewalk.

Anyway she very angrily came to me and stated "Did you know what you did to me? this was the dialog the pursued.

Woman: Did you know what you did to me?
Me: What, what happened to you?
Woman: You came from there and almost hit me?
Me: I made my bell.
(She had a hispanic accent and honestly I couldn't understand her correctly. At this point I'm infuriated since I don't feel I did anything wrong and she was an idiot for not having basic situational awareness. Then she tries to accuse me for hitting her.)
Woman: And you expect me to hear that? #@$$#$#$ You *******.. #@$#@$ You #@$#@$
Me: F--- You ***** (At this point she starts walking the opposite direction and our distance grows)
(At this point we are probably a block apart as I've already crossed the crosswalk).
Woman: #@$#@$@$#@$
Me: ***** (yelled from across the block)
Woman: #@$#@$#@$# (yelled again from across blocks)

IDK she seemed to want to somehow claim that I physically hit her with my bike when that was never the case. I need to start back on wearing my GoPro.