View Single Post
Old 11-10-18, 01:48 PM
bartek. 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by colnago62
I do not have a track SRM, I have the Origin on two road bikes. There is an issue with cadence reporting with the Wahoo and my SRM. The numbers for cadence and average cadence are way off. I know it is a Wahoo issue because the SRM works flawlessly with my Garmin. The Wahoo also has an issue with pc6 board from SRM.
It's pretty strange. Maybe I will arrange the wahoo unit first for checking if the cadence in my case is correct. I assume the difference is noticeable quickly?
Could please verify the data sample rate for me? Simple read FIT file with a record with your SRM power meter. In my case, it's every 1 second but I use Garmin.

Originally Posted by carleton
I would consider the SRM PC 7. It samples every 0.5” (PC8 is 1”, if I remember correctly). PC7 is moderately priced and even cheaper if you buy refurbished from SRM. It is ANT+ as well. No SRM cranks required.
This could be an option too. Unfortunately, I can't find anything cheap. Maybe looking in a wrong place but I see prices above $1000 For a good price I could go with wahoo/garmin on my road/cx bikes and keep PC7 for track only. As I would need recollect all mounts for wahoo anyway (integra stem, oval pro missile tt, saddle rail) I could go with SRM versions. But it's definitely not worth $1000.