View Single Post
Old 11-21-18, 10:04 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Interesting article perhaps about cycling trends on the streets of The City of London (The Square Mile) during the rush hour. The City of London (the Central Financial District) is only a tiny part of the metropolis of London and presumably does not necessarily represent the popularity of bicycling or bicycle use in metropolitan London, let alone the U.K.
This is true. Except that I also mentioned that I have seen a substantial increase in cycling where I work, which is not in the city. Well, ok, I hadn't mentioned that I didn't work in the city. In fact I work in the West End of London and I've seen a vast increase in cyclists coming in from the suburbs during my years of cycle commuting.

I'm curious. It sounds like you don't want to believe what we're telling you? Or is it just that you want hard figures? I presume if you do a search you'll be able to find some figures. Here is one such example. Inevitably the stats tend to concentrate on London as it's our biggest city, but I suspect it is also a trend-setter.