View Single Post
Old 11-29-18, 08:18 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
While I'm not pursuing the ebike route, I can see where a lot of folks can use them to get out and ride when they otherwise would not have.
I'm NOT a fan of letting slavering, moronic bureaucrats and politicians dictate what I can put between my legs, or make me beg permission to do so.
The current power/speed limits listed for the U.S. could (being something of a devil's advocate just for the sake of this topic) be a boundary for non-licensed
bikes and "electric mopeds", and even carry the caveat that they be pedelecs requiring the rider to pedal for the motor to do anything.

Heck... I've always kinda thought it would be a neat way for cars to work. They'd still be powered, but the speed would be controlled by your pedaling.

As stated in this post, I don't have a dog in the fight otherwise, just tossing an idea out there. Of course, if an idea makes any real sense, the aforementioned pols and burs
will probably shy away and plug their ears.