Old 12-24-18, 04:05 AM
BookFinder 
Lifelong wheel gazer ...

Bikes: All garage sale finds...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
With the first occurring at age 50, I've now had three colonoscopies. Each time I was talking with the nurse ... then I awakened in recovery. Twice I've had polyps removed, and the test results were negative each time.

My wife still laughs about something from the first one.

The prep and recovery area at the local surgical center (same day type of stuff) has a dozen rooms separated by curtains. As I was gradually awakening from the first one I heard somebody pharrrrrrt! long and loud!

Opening one eye I asked my wife, "who was that?"

At the very moment a nurse flung back the curtain and cheerily exclaimed, "We heard that! You can dress and get ready to go now!"

To the young lady's credit, she had the presence of mind now to use my name and thereby announce to the whole suite of waiting and awakening patients who dun it.

My family of origin has cancer on both sides (paternal and maternal), so my conservative doctor wants me on the five year cycle. The pre-procedure prep is an annoyance, but a small price to pay for the peace of mind.

Status quo is the mental bastion of the intellectually lethargic...