Old 01-12-19, 02:31 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked 1,307 Times in 560 Posts
Meh - have gone around in circles on this one.

Being in the industry I decided to draw a line int he sand on doping. Hard stop - against it. Don't care about the anecdotes about how everyone is doing it, etc. I only have test results to go on and if someone is not only found positive and receives sanctions after arbitration then I have decided to take it at face value.

It's not a perfect position but it's a position and arguably a defend-able one.

That being said I was sitting around getting ready for a trainer ride and saw in youtube a "Bob Roll Interview" that was roughly 40 minutes or so. I figure that it would be fun to watch so I cue it up. Im riding when I look up and realize it's Lance interviewing Roll on his podcast.

I don't care about your politics on this one. Let's just say that because of the line I have drawn I have been in the solidly "No Lance" camp for a while. To the point I believe he still owes his prize money back to all he has stolen it from while racing when cheating. That being said I listened to him for a few minutes and after not having heard from him in a long time - he had me back. Back to the times I was jumping up and down in my living room cheering him on. I f'n despise the guy.....but he still has the power to save the sport. Even now. We have no one else currently who would even stand a chance at doing so.

I've been thinking a lot about that. The average American couldn't care less about what he has done. We (those of us against him) are the only ones who still have an axe to grind. I question if I am ready to bury the hatchet if it means helping save the sport I love.