Old 01-22-19, 05:57 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Liked 4,961 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
So ... if you own a true vintage and classic ride (say an early 60s Allegro and spread it for 9-speed, it no long is? I took my 1979 Mooney and spread it to 126 33 years ago and have toyed with the idea of going 130. (Staying downtube friction or ratchet shifting.) So it would no longer be a true anything significan't?
Ben
I'm not saying what is or what isn't. But we have beat this question in prior threads, so I posed a possible new criteria for C&V, of 128mm rear hub + the 'requisite' stuff. (which will likely be judged overly restrictive here).

Is C&V the frameset? Is C&V the whole bike?
Should it include age appropriate drivetrain?
What about modern improvements?
("I spent $1500 on painting it (my favorite Unicorn color) and $3500 for that electronic 12spd Campy, improved it with thru-axles and retrofitted disc brakes …...and Wildwood says my Beautiful '85 DeRosa isn't Classic, because my new adjustable adapted stem raises the carbon h'bars 6"??? Should my carbon fibre wheels have deeper rims???")
[MENTION=9425]madpogue[/MENTION] raises the good question of classic mt bikes. Did we have h'bar shifters by 1987?

Last edited by Wildwood; 01-22-19 at 07:20 AM.