View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 01:35 PM
mike868y

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
i've finished 11 weeks of Trainerroad's sweet spot base high volume plans (just have a recovery week this week). Went from training at 275w at the beginning of base 1 to 285w at base 2, and my initial hunch based on my seeing HR/RPE change lately is that I could bump up to 290-295 for build, which would be a whole other level of hurt compared to just doing sweet spot, which is my milieu.
If I do go to 295 and somehow manage to get 5w more during build, that would put me around 4.3w/kg, which is just mind blowing to me that I would even potentially sniff that level. Despite "racing" since 2014 I'm still a Cat 5, so if things shake out I may be a lot more motivated to do road events, or at least join in some faster pace group rides instead of being solo.
impressive gains man. there's a lot you can learn from racing that you don't necessarily get just from training, though. plenty of people go into races with big numbers and can't necessarily capitalize on that because they lack race smarts. in other words...get out there and race!