View Single Post
Old 02-18-19, 07:52 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Looks like I am the only one training these days.
Nope, I just haven't been posting about it.

I finally got through with running for a while. I had wanted to do a half marathon under two hours - yeah, I'm old and slow - and accomplished that a couple of weeks ago. I'll be doing my recovery days on foot going forward, 2-4 miles a couple of time a week to maintain a minimum of running form and add some impact for my bones.

I'm preparing for the Texas RAAM Challenge, about 210 miles and 10k of climbing, at the end of March. It's a B race, my main goal event is the Tour de Georgia gran fondo at the end of April. My coach has me doing longish rides (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours) with a target IF of .80 and other rides with shortish threshold interval sets (5x8' is the longest so far) to get my legs used to cycling again, and it's been working. I just emailed her yesterday to tell her to quit taking it easy on me. I may live to regret that. I'm enjoying the work, though.

On bike stuff, I've had two Powertap hubs and two bottom brackets die on me in the last month or so. Thankfully I have another functional bike that I put together from mothballed stuff. It's good to have spares. A new BB is due in Thursday and one of the PTs is back from the mothership, so that'll get me fully back in business.

It's good to be back.

Demain, on roule!