Old 02-20-19, 09:09 PM
maxxevv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jipe
I wonder how you want to electrify it ?

What kind of motor: front hub seems difficult with the lefty fork, bottom bracket motor also due to folding and because the seat tube is place in front of the bottom bracket , I only see a rear hub motor as possibility.

Then where to place the battery ?

Looking at the detailed pictures, I do not find the welding amazing, actually several welds are questionable (look for instance at the picture with the serial number for instance). But seen the low price of the bike, it seems normal).

I have see also some design weaknesses:
- the seatpost locking seems to me really basic and not made for a folding bike where the seatpost must be unlocked/locked each time the bike is folded.
- the helical system for the rear arm and fork folding that is very much exposed to dirt, what will happen when the bike will be folded with dirt (or mud) inside the hHelical groves.

I was wondering the same question about the helical hinge ( I think) about 2 years back when I first joined this thread.
Now that its finally out in the flesh, the same question persists yet.

It remains to be seen but my apprehension is the mid - long term serviceability/ durability of that really.