Old 02-24-19, 11:39 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 2,035 Times in 991 Posts
Originally Posted by phobus
Super cool. Are you planning to run a brake at all? The fork crown looks like it has plenty of room for drilling if you can stomach that. If not, there are brackets that clamp to the fork blades to let you run a standard caliper, for example:

https://www.tracksupermarket.com/bra...set-front.html
Thanks! No plans to run a brake or brakes. I was surprised to find that 28mm tires fit underneath the fork crown, though I'll be running smaller. I want to keep the frame as original as possible, even if a nice powder coat would get rid of the various paint chips. The decals are in great shape, it's just the rear triangle that managed to get a lot of wear--not really anywhere else.

I've gotta try and figure out fitment, which means getting this thing on wheels and seeing the angles I'm working with. That will determine saddle setback, though I'll not have it set back as much as my road setups. I may end up running a longer stem and 'tune' the fitment for riding in the drops. Much to consider!