Old 03-02-19, 07:36 PM
spiker

Bikes: Lotus Odyssey - Shogun 400 - '75 Raleigh Tourist - Raleigh Grand Prix - Gitane Tour de France- Schwinn Le Tour - Univega Maxima Sport (winter bike) Trek 950

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Yes I've ridden the thing. At the very end at Higgins Crowell Road there is technically no public parking, an office park does abutt it. Not sure how they'd feel about that. It's maybe a mile climb and then it cuts though the town public golf course. Then to cross the first road you have to snake through a steel waist high overlapping barrier on each side of the road. A half mile later you have the same thing but for the road entering the dump. (just before you get there is a short steep blind S curve). Once past there it's a couple of hundred yards to the new official zero marker for the CCRT, the largest rec park in town. A mile from there is the new dedicated rail trail parking lot. Exit 8 just like in Dennis go right and through the light, you'll see the same overpass go under it and the lot is on the left.

My opinion is the section from exit 8 East is something to do once just for the sake of having done the entire trail but the tedium of the barriers kind of takes the fun out of the ride. That said I would encourage at least a few people try it and let the crowd decide. I'd be willing to do the entire section every time for any newcomers wanting to do it.