Old 04-17-19, 07:56 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Brocephus
Yeah, well it's a ridiculous point. Like the cops are really going to mistreat an injured person, simply because they're a cyclist, LOL. Get real.
And what IF they failed to live up to your personal standard of "required respect" ? What exactly would you do about it, other than piss them off and get your own bad self tazed and handcuffed ?
And, your isolated (and alleged) case of 'assault with a deadly weapon' at the hands of a police officer, is hardly typical (and I can only imagine what you must have done to provoke this).
I pass cops on the road regularly (and have for decades), and get nothing but a wide berth and a wave from them. There is no institutional hostility from the police towards cyclists, except in your imagination. Now take off the red cape, Superman, and put it back on the closet, the world doesn't need you to save it.
Did you see this post? It's right above yours:
I know that this is like herding cats ... but can we stop with this false narrative that somebody 'hates' all police officers because of one comment/story. With roughly 18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies and over 100,000 officers in the US - there some are heroes and some are low-lifes and a whole lot of officers between this two extremes.
Or this in post 19 (see link in post 4):
Advocate For The Cyclist
Take a look at the police report and make sure that the facts are written down correctly. A lot of times police will cite that the cyclist was at fault even if they were not, because the paperwork is easier (terrible, but sadly it does happen).
Can you please quote the text that states the police will mistreat the injured cyclist?

I was riding a bike in the traffic lane, a serious offence ... right?!?! It was an isolated situation, and an exceptionally rare situation, but it does give an example to the fact that police officers are not 100% bike-friendly.

People really enjoy reading their own bias into a post.

BTW - I'm no superman, just a toad.