Old 04-19-19, 01:36 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18447 Post(s)
Liked 4,559 Times in 3,386 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
True and I remember them, but not set up with Nuovo Record and tubulars on Mavic GP4s, or that kind of quality. And a mixte, while technically a bike with a slanted top tube, is, I suspect, not what the poster I was responding to hand in mind.
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
If it wasn't pink, I would definitely think that was a man's bike with the horizontal top tube.
I interpreted that to mean "not a mixte".

The above bike doesn't appear to have Nuovo Record.

There were several very nice Mixte bikes offered, but generally only with second tier bikes, not top tier bikes.

But, for big manufactures, the Motobecane Grand Jubilee had a mixte variant which is quite nice.

And, some posters have found some unique Italian step-through bikes.

One issue, of course, is that many of the "women's bikes" are shorter. That pink bike looks like it is a pretty tall frame. 60cm?

And, of course, it is more difficult to find high quality tall vintage mixtes. I think someone mentioned looking in Holland.

Nonetheless, those sizes may well be one of the core issues with women's bikes vs men's bikes. Is it easier to sell a tall men's bike to a tall woman than it is to sell a short women's bike to a short man?

Greater frame variety is good. If only Specialized does something like the "Project One" that would also allow specifying the color choice (not black)