View Single Post
Old 04-29-19, 12:30 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hi @Beverly ,

Dittoes to the above. I hope you recall that we met on the Fifty-Plus Second Annual Ride in Watkins Glen. Was @rtool there too, or was he mis-named by me as “Bob? I met him (again) at the Third Annual Ride in Chelsea, MI, and when he came to Boston for the Sixth. After hearing about GOBA, I have a stated yearning to do it, butAlso they have ended the organized Motel option, instead leaving riders on their own to make arrangements, seemingly a complicated logistical task for the unfamiliar. and I stayed in a motel in Watkins Glen.

Finally, Beverly you might find this thread amusing, to which I posted: Sincerely,

Jim
I do remember meeting you at Watkins Glen and "Bob" would be Rtool. Rtool, John and I have been riding together for several years. The other member in our group that year was Louis. We stopped and picked him up in Northwest Ohio on our way. His wife passed away a few years ago and I haven't kept in touch. I haven't seen him post here for quite some time. Maybe he'll pop in, too.

Watkins Glen was my second 50+ event. I did the original meet-up in Colorado and loved it. It would be nice to see more of these meet-ups.

Quite a few changes have been made to the GOBA event since they changed directors a few years ago. I stayed with the organization in the first year of changes but decided to leave the following year. I can't say that the changes were the only reason for leaving, but they were a major influence in my decision. The other was my two high school granddaughters who needed some Grandma support during their high school years.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith