View Single Post
Old 05-28-19, 08:24 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7396 Post(s)
Liked 2,564 Times in 1,493 Posts
Last weekend, I spread my frame with a threaded rod and aligned the dropouts. This weekend, I added a derailleur claw and aligned that with the proper Park tool. I started hanging components on it. I got many of the components from @sloar a couple of years ago. He bought a new bike and stripped it right away, so these parts are new.

I discovered the front derailleur has a 34.9mm clamp diameter, so I'll need a shim.

I forgot to shoot the rear derailleur, a Claris.

For now, I'll use the BB that's already in the frame rather than the one pictured. I think the frame has a UN-55 in it, a good one.

The rear wheel is from Chicago craigslist which (I think) @52telecaster snagged for me.

The bolt that screws the derailleur claw on was interfering with the cassette, so I ground it shorter, and that seems good.

You can see my very messy workshop which is in a barn.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.