Old 05-29-19, 10:25 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,413 Times in 913 Posts
Ditto to all said before.

The best available cassettes will be pricey DA 7800 cassettes or some Ultegra's, which I used to use on those types of hubs. During the 10-sp "only" era at Shimano, other firms also offered that type of freehub, such as Formula, Alex (Equation models) and Zipp. As others said, those hubs are cheap now due to the lack of flexibility as far as finding cassettes.

The 7800 splines should not be filed down, rather, if a person were adapting a cassette, they'd be better off to make the notches in the 7 cogs a bit deeper. It could take a while, but is not difficult with a file "just the right width" and a way to hold the cogs.

During this era and prior, during the 7400/7401/7402/7403 era, Dura Ace regularly stepped in it, from the brake levers to the freehubs.

I'll give you $50 for that wheel bag, though. I'd love to have those wheels, too.

Roval was the OEM equipment on a lot of Specialized bikes, as well as some being sold at bikesdirect.com. The $6000 Alias Pro Tri in 2016 had carbon Rovals that were pretty good wheels.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 05-29-19 at 10:29 AM.