View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 02:14 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
So your point is that I'm right but people don't care enough to leave the country to protest? Ok, I'll give you that.

I am just pointing out that the system is biased against transportation reform because reforms are funded at levels that pay for everyone involved to buy cars and drive.

No, I'm not disputing progress toward being more successful because why else would I advocate progress toward more efficient land- and resource- use. You always accuse me of advocating lower standards of living, but I just don't see riding a bike and/or using transit as a lower standard of living just because it costs less and generates less GDP growth.

All you do when you say this kind of thing is propagate the automotive scam further.

No, I don't think most people are aware of how it works, or they would be against it. They have been tricked into believing it is a natural result of a free market that everyone drives, when that is really not the case. The problem, however, is that most people aren't willing to stand up to a large-scale lie because it scares them that it has progressed so far that they aren't willing to advocating changing it. That doesn't mean that they can embrace it knowing it's a lie and a scam, though. That's why people accept those, like you, who would white-wash it and make it easier for them to not question. Many people will accept a lie and a scam rather than question it, but because it makes them feel uncomfortable to be aware of it as such, they will also accept propaganda denying that there's a lie in it.
Are you trying to say you know better than the rest of society what will make them happy? Are you saying they are fools? I don’t accept that concept for a second.

Can you demonstrate your idea of making less is the same as making more? Is there a wife and child you have to provide for on minimum wage? I am saying there is nothing in your ideas that have substance.

I am saying every place I have ever been to where people start out poor are working towards making more not less to take care of their families. Every place I have been to is working towards a life most people in the US see as successful. And none of those people I would call foolish or ignorant or stupid. I am saying if you want people to following your suggestions give them an example of how that has worked for you. And if they decide it isn’t for them let them live their life.