Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
You can park your car wherever you want, but the app might not necessarily request it. If you wanted the app to lend it out to another driver, then you would want to park it somewhere that is more likely to happen.
But where that is more likely to happen is not where I want to be. If I've got to park my car in a busier location and then use some other method of transportation to get where I want to go ... I might as well just take the bus.

Let's assume that if you are going places with lots of traffic flow, there will be vehicles passing regularly that are on your ride/drive-share network.
But we can't assume that. In fact, in many cases, cars will be going out to remote suburbs which aren't well serviced by public transportation. If you're going places with lots of traffic flow, chances are those places are served by public transportation.

You always claim to be a positive person, yet you look for the most negative scenarios to undermine ideas.
I'm simply analysing this to determine if it would be convenient.

So far ... no.

Convoluted ... but not convenient.

Suggestions:

See this thread: https://www.bikeforums.net/foo/1174209-uber.html ... you might want to weigh in!

See this article entitled: Uber lost another $1B last quarter
https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/30/uber-earnings/

Get a job with a taxi company for a while.
Get a job with a courier service for a while.
Get a job with Uber or similar for a while.

Then you might be qualified to discuss these ideas.

Personally, I have some experience with courier/delivery services and wouldn't have to ask questions like the following one because I know how it works within a courier/delivery service and from pedex's posts, it is quite similar in his line of work too.

What prevents multiple drivers from responding to the same call, then?

Last edited by Machka; 06-05-19 at 10:55 PM.