View Single Post
Old 07-14-19, 04:27 PM
Wozza2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
Well the answer to this Totally depends on what kind of terrain you plain to ride on, your preferences for puncture protection, etc. My first thought is there's no question you should go to planetx.co.uk and get some Vittoria Hypers. I'm jealous. That's the only place I know of to still reliably get them, and it's ~$20 shipping to the US. Otherwise the Schwalbe Supreme would be my pick, I think. It's also a nice smooth tread for efficient road riding, but I assume being a Schwalbe, it'll have more puncture protection. They tend to make tough tires, though a little heavier and slower than some others.

Hi.

Mainly road and riding around France in a month so I suppose the surfaces will be decent over there.

I've never heard of Planet X before today but you and someone else have recommended them. Are they THE place for bike gear?

The other person recommended Vittoria Randonneur Pro Road City from PX for £9.99.

The Supremes seem a little expensive for my wallet although they look great tyres but sadly I'm on a budget.