View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 09:15 AM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray9
Don’t confuse bitterness with outright anger. I worked with a woman for years who was told to stop smoking or she would lose her leg. She told them to take the leg. She was a Boomer who benefited from medical research and never had to face Polio or a host of other bacterial infections eradicated by modern medicine. She thumbed her nose at the research and paid the fiddler with a leg. She’s long gone just like the husbands of three of my sisters-in-law who are alone in their golden years. I am here for my wife because I hit the road every day and log miles on the safest roads I can find. At 72 I still get butterflies in my stomach as I prepare for the adventure ahead.

If sanctimony is your observation then acquainting yourself with reality may be a policy you should follow. I’m not the judge for these people, they are blissfully suicidal. They learned nothing from those who went before them. I follow Darwin.
I think you need to ride more and worry less about what other do. Maybe have a drink and relax once in a while.
Likes For gregf83: