View Single Post
Old 08-10-19, 10:22 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 819 Times in 422 Posts
I've had a Garmin Vivosmart HR for a around 3 years, and suddenly the battery won't take a charge. The band also broke about the same time. I found bands on Ebay for <$5, but the battery is not replaceable. 😡 I contacted Garmin and was quoted $89 for repair. I only paid $75 for it used from a friend who wasn't using it much. I checked Amazon and found a refurb Vivosmart HR for $59, incl shipping. I've bought refurb cameras before and been happy with them. I was happy with the Vivosmart up to now, so, I'll give it another try. I really prefer my Garmin 810 with HR chest strap for cycling, but the watch is useful for other activities, and does interface to Strava and Garmin Connect as well as My Fittness Pal. I will never understand the products that don't allow reasonable user repair, like battery replacement. Sure glad I didn't buy the $5 band!