View Single Post
Old 08-25-19, 02:34 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 992 Times in 813 Posts
bike seats really do work best when level, yours is really canted forward way too much. A forward slant puts your weight forward onto your hands.
Thats also a heck of a lot of seatpost showing. The frame is most likely too small for you if you ahve to have that much seatpost showing--and now to an important point--all seatposts have a hard to see "minimum insert" mark on them, if your seatpost is a regular one, length wise, then yoiu are most likely way the heck past this point, and this is dangerous structurally , ie DONT DO IT. Maybe you bought an extra long seatpost, but if not, check out for this mark, you will able to see it if you look closely. It might also be under that rack attachment.

bottom line, be sure you arent past it, as a failure could happen and you dont want that, it wont be pretty or pain free.
The seat post has to be inserted into the frame a minimum distance for the post to be able to handle a riders weight safely.

google this to see what I mean--the "minimum insert" line I mean, so you can see what to look for.

I see you have put the seat as far back as it can go, thats ok, but do put it more level.