View Single Post
Old 08-25-19, 05:04 PM
djb

Liked 992 Times in 813 Posts
Originally Posted by SpecK
I am honestly not sure why the seat is tilted that much. I noticed that too when i looked at the picture. I was attempting to tweak it a bit while riding today so my guess it I put it way more forward than I realized. I know about the minimum insertion for seatposts. I am not maxed out and there is actually at least another inch to go before the max line. But yeah, looking at it I am wondering if I need a bigger bike...
good on the seatpost--I bring it up because a neighbour once had a bike with the seatpost way past the mark, and he is a big big bloke--it would not have been pretty if it had gone--he had no idea about that mark, and wasnt overly concerned when I showed it to him.

off hand, how tall are you, and what size is the bike? ie how long is the toptube and part of frame under the seat, in cms

as a reference, Im about 5 10, and ride medium frames, or about 54-56ish cm toptubes.
A bike of your age generally will be a 19" or 21" or whatever , and this is the seat tube length.

mind you, a neighbour of ours is a big tall feller, and he rode a bike with similar seatpost length as you for years and years, so its not necessarily the end of the world I guess....