View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 11:49 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Al_in_NH
You just crashed didn't you? There's no other explanation for that kind of idiotic logic other than sever head trauma. I truly hope you feel better soon.
Your logic was "If my lights annoy you it's because you see them." If you say something that stupid, you have no business insulting other people's logic.

I see lots of lights, and I'm often informed of people's positions by them. The vast majority of those do not annoy me in the slightest and they are highly effective at promoting safety. If your lights annoy me, it is because they are aimed at my eyes in such a way as to actually impair my vision and they are bright and possibly strobing.

@downhillmaster was absolutely right to say your logic would justify shining high-beams into the eyes of oncoming drivers. If you're aiming bright flashing strobes that can be seen from a half mile in broad daylight directly into the eyes of oncoming cyclists in an effort to be seen, your strategy is self-defeating. All you're doing is making sure that the oncoming cyclist cannot look at you while you close the distance--exactly the same reason that running high beams when there's a car approaching from the other direction is illegal.
Likes For livedarklions: