View Single Post
Old 08-31-19, 09:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked 4,217 Times in 2,822 Posts
Getting a bike fit is a good way to go on any bike. A bike fit is more than just slight adjustments and quick stuff that you learned on Youtube. Maybe some bad fitters do that but knowing several fitters and having had a fit myself it is a lot more. At our shop we have a Retül certified fitter and in his road and MTB fits he goes through fitness, asks a lot of questions and also does 3d motion capture to figure out the ideal position for you. Yes you can play around a bunch and get a little better but it doesn't replace a fit. We fit everyone from the Roadies to people looking purely for upright comfort and one thing you get with it is the ability to transfer the fit to another bike very easily.

I have never understood the Cypress and similar bikes denoted as "comfort" bikes but are so heavy and run narrower tires. I would want a nice step through quality steel frame with clearance for nice wide tires and good quality parts so I can shift and brake well.